Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christian Market Guide Order



Sally Stuart's 2008 Christian Market Guide hits the books shelves in January. If you are a Christian writer you really MUST have a copy of this book AND it now with a CD-ROM!

This book contains complete information on book publishers, periodicals, specialty and foreign markets, newspapers, writing contests, editorial services, conferences, literary agents, and more. 640 pages, softcover with CD-ROM. Publisher - Waterbrook.

"An essential reference for anyone seeking to be published in the Christian community,"---Midwest Book Review.

A Note From Louise: Those of you who have been members of the NJCWG for a while know that I have a standing order with Sally (Stewart) for a dozen Christian Market Guides each year. Becuase my standing order was placed many years ago, I get an unbelieveable price. I sell these books to members of our group for a mere $21.00. That covers the cost of the book and bulk shipping. Please note that I do not make any money on these books. I pay for the dozen books and try to sell them at cost so that any new writer will have the wonderful market information that this book supplies.

The retail price of the 2008 Christian Market Guide is $34.99 (you can probably get a copy online for about $26.00 but then you'd still have to pay for shipping. That means that buying this book from me would save you around $10.00.

Since our group is small, I'm a little concerned that I will once again end up with copies that I must pay for but can't sell. If you are interested in obtaining a copy of this book please let me know as soon as possible. If you have writing friends who want a copy, please feel free to ask for more than one copy. If I don't get enough people to request copies, I'm going to have to cancel my standing order. Unforntunately, I can no longer afford to pay for the books only to donate them to various libraries. Agian, let me know as soon as possible if you would like a copy.

No comments: