Stories about Love — Finding It and Keeping the Romance Alive
We're looking for stories about how you found love. And how you kept it fresh over the years. New love, old love, please warm our hearts with your stories and poems.
PLEASE NOTE THIS BOOK IS FOR ADULTS, NOT FOR TEENS. We're happy to hear about your high school sweetheart if you ended up together, but we are not looking for stories from current teens about teen relationships.
Here are some suggested topics but we know you can think of many more:
• The miracle of finding love
• Amazing coincidences that led to you meeting your soul mate
• Dreams that came true about finding your soul mate
• Anything that makes us say "wow" about how you found love!
• Dating adventures
• From "friends" to "lovers"
• Senior dating
• Reconnecting with someone from your past
• Rejoining the dating world after divorce or breakups
• Rekindling romance in a longer term relationship
• Anything that entertains our readers or gives them hope that love is around the corner for them, too!
Please remember we no longer publish "as told to" stories. Write your story in the first person. Do not ghostwrite a story for someone else unless you list that person as the author. If a story was previously published, we will probably not use it unless it ran in a small circulation venue. Let us know where the story was previously published in the "Comments" section of the submission form.
All stories should be true — we do not publish fiction — and should be no longer than 1,200 words. If your story was already published in a past Chicken Soup for the Soul book, please do not submit it. We will not publish it again. If you submitted your story for one of our previous books and we did not publish it, please feel free to submit it to this book if you think it will fit. That way we will be sure it is considered for this new edition.
If your story is chosen, you will be a published author and your bio will be printed in the book if you so choose. You will also receive a check for $200 and 10 complimentary copies of your book. You retain the copyright for your story and you retain the rights to resell it or self-publish it.
The deadline date for story and poem submissions is.