Friday, February 11, 2005

Tour Update-Michigan


TOUR UPDATE
Hi again. I'm writing this message from Michigan. It is supposed to warm up and rise out of the single digits today so it looks like a good day for a book signing in Petosky. Yesterday's signing in Charlevoix went very well. I only sold two books during the first two hours but sold nearly a dozen during the last half hour. I was already packing up my things when people began pouring into the store and crowding the table . Once again, God taught me a lesson. I could have gotten frustrated and cut the signing short. I could have said, "No one will come into this small store. I can use my valuable time elsewhere." Instead I held fast to the plan that God provided for me and WOW -- I was blessed beyond measure. I met a number of people who gave me ideas for future columns and a fascinating retired botanist who wrote three books I want to look into. I also had a great conversation with the store's manager. She is a believer and has been trying to get more Christian books into this store. She was praying that my signing would do well so the owner would be receptive to this. The "burst" of sales in the end encouraged her tremendously. Because of those sales the owner asked me to sign an additional twelve books (six of Grace by the Cup and six of Faith-Dipped Chocolate) to leave in the store. Most stores only ask you to sign an additional two or three copies. This too lifted the manager's spirits. I would never have known the blessings I missed if my attitude had soured. God is Good.

WRITING INFO
I know I have not sent any market info or writing tips during the last two weeks. So much of the information I receive and send to you can only be gather from my "home base." I will be sending these to you again when I get back to New Jersey.

PRAYER REQUEST
Please continue to pray for good weather, safe travel and a positive/right spirit while I tour.

NEXT MEETING
Our next meeting will be on Monday, Feb 21. (Chat 6:15-7:00, Lesson 7:00-8:00, Critique 8:00-9:00) I will continue my Show Vs Tell lesson and review some of the items we already went over. Our next Writers' Workshop will be held on March 14 - from 6:15 to 9:00. I have a wonderful evening planned so you won't want to miss it.

No comments: