Friday, December 29, 2006
Writing Op - The Christian Century
THE CHRISTIAN CENTURY
104 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago IL 60603-5901
Web site: www.christiancentury.org
About THE CHRISTIAN CENTURY
Format: Magazine for ecumenically-minded, progressive Protestant church people, both clergy and lay.
"Authors must have a critical and analytical perspective on the church and be familiar with contemporary theological discussion."
* 90% freelance written
* Established: 1884
* Works with new/unpublished writers.
* Circulation: 30,000
* Pays on publication.
* Byline given.
Rights purchased: All rights
# Editorial lead time 1 month.
# Submit seasonal material 4 months in advance.
Accepts queries by: Mail & E-mail
* Responds in 1 week to queries.
* Responds in 3 months to manuscripts.
* Sample copy for $3.
* Click here for manuscript guidelines
"We use articles dealing with social problems, ethical dilemmas, political issues, international affairs, and the arts, as well as with theological and ecclesiastical matters. We focus on issues of church and society, and church and culture."
Does Not Want: No inspirational.
* Buys 150 manuscripts/year.
* Submission method: Send complete ms; query appreciated, but not essential..
* Length: 1,000–3,000 words.
* Does not pay the expenses of writers on assignment.
Photos: State availability of photos with submission.
Posted by Louise Bergmann DuMont at 11:16 AM