Women of Spirit
Women of Spirit
55 West Oak Ridge Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21740
We're happy you want to write for Women of Spirit, a magazine to inspire and disciple Christian women. Women of Spirit seeks to be a friend and mentor, stimulating spiritual vitality, nurturing emotional growth, fostering balanced, healthy living, and encouraging a loving Christian witness in the home and community.
To fulfill this mission, Women of Spirit seeks writers from a diversity of ethnic and cultural backgrounds who think creatively and seek God deeply. Though primarily targeting Seventh-day Adventist women, this magazine appeals to women of other faiths and therefore avoids using language and experiences not easily understood outside the Adventist arena. Women of Spirit aims to build a joyful sense of community among women and to affirm their place of service in the body of Christ. Women of Spirit welcomes you to share a piece of your heart.
Women of Spirit Needs: Stories, Devotionals/Spiritual Topics, How-to Articles, Personal Issues, Short Humor (500 Words), Poetry (Use very little), How I Share My Faith at Work (150 words), Spirited Life (500 Words), Manuscript Length (between 500 - 1,000 words)
Tips for Good Writing
- Keep your writing personal and conversational. Imagine that your reader is sitting right next to you.
- Make sure you have a solid beginning that hooks your audience into reading your article or story.
- Use strong action verbs.
- Your descriptions should enable your reader to see what you see as you write.
- Get rid of clichés.
- Include realistic dialogue in your story.
- Show, don't tell.
- Remember that truth is better than fiction.