Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sandy Cove Christian Writers Conference



Coming this October - the Sandy Cove Christian Writers Conference. Plenty of time to save up enough to attend this fantastic conference!!!
Louise Bergmann DuMont
Facilitator, NJCWG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Jeannette Scott and Sandy Cove

Just a heads-up that the most awesome writers conference is coming up again in October. I wanted to remind you now, so you can plan. I recommend registering in the next several months. Last year, we had a record-setting attendance and nearly sold-out!

Check out the details at: http://www.sandycove.org/docs/writers.php

There are also TWO great add-on workshops this year:

AuthorizeMe, a hands-on book proposal workshop taught by Sharon Norris Elliot. Back by popular demand, this eight-hour seminar will teach you how to organize and present your book in a way that will get attention.

AND,

Communicating to Change Lives, taught by Jim Watkins. Jim writes, "After teaching at fifty-plus writers conferences, I realized that the mechanics and marketing of writing was well covered, but no one taught a class on the manner in which we can actually change lives with our writing and speaking."

If you are anything like me, (on a tight budget, and thinking 'gee I just couldn't do that') do yourself, and your call to write, a big favor and start tucking away a little cash over the next few months so you won't feel strapped by conference time! It's only $100 to register, with the rest not due until Sept. 1. Dollar for dollar, compared to other writer's conferences, I don't think you can get a better setting, more intimate environment, and incredible workshops anywhere else! And note, the cost is inclusive of your lodging, meals, and the conference.

But the most impressive thing to me, is how bathed in prayer it is. You are sure to have an intimate touch from Our Father, and a perfect setting to "be still, and know that I am God."

Sure, I may be the Marketing Director for the conference. But that's only because I am SO PASSIONATE ABOUT IT. It has influenced me so profoundly over the years, that I am devoted to sharing it with other writers so they can be blessed too!

And I think you'll find that all of our faculty and committee have that same spirit and approachability. They are passionate about pouring into others who love our craft. Everyone wants to help others move forward in their call to communicate.

If you haven't experienced it yet, make this the year to come see for yourself that it's true. And as you move forward as a writer, you will be inspired to pay it forward, too.

If you have any questions not addressed at the link, let me know, I'm happy to help.

You're sure to make new friends at Sandy Cove. But hey, why not bring a friend or two to share the experience with you.

God bless you,

Jeannette Scott
www.AScribetoHim.com
"Telling the story, provoking response."

No comments: