Thursday, April 19, 2007

Too Much Stuff - Answer 4


Answer #4 - Too Much Clutter

From Rachel

Question: I would love to make my house easier to clean (more time for writing, less time to clean). I work at a full-time job, volunteer at our church, write in my "spare" time – all the while trying to keep after my house. I can't implement every trick in the book so I'm asking for only one. Give me one thing that will make my house easier to care for on a day-to-day basis.

Answer: Rachel, I love this “keep it simple” style question. The answer in one word is simplify. I do this by de-cluttering. Take a plastic grocery bag and walk around the house looking for clutter. Fill the bag and toss it in the trash. It’s quick and it’s easy.

Of course, there are many different ways to simplify, but you asked for only one. I’m sure you can think of lots of other ways to simplify your life to make housekeeping easier.

No comments: