Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Writing Op - Women Alive
Women Alive, Inc.
Encouraging Excellence in Holy Living
P.O. Box 480052
Kansas City MO 64145
Phone: Phone/Fax: (913)402-1369
Web site: http://www.womenalive.org/magazine.php
Contact: Aletha Hinthorn, editor
Format: Magazine covering Christian living.
"Women Alive encourages and equips women to live holy lives through teaching them to live out Scripture."
* 50% freelance written
* Established: 1984
* Circulation: 4,000
* Pays on publication.
* Publishes manuscript 6 months after acceptance.
* Byline given.
* First North American serial rights
* First rights
* One-time rights
* Second serial (reprint) rights
* Simultaneous rights
* Editorial lead time 4 months.
* Submit seasonal material 4 months in advance.
Accepts queries by: Mail & E-mail
* Accepts simultaneous submissions
* Responds in 6 weeks to manuscripts.
* Sample copy for 9 X 12 envelope and 3 first-class stamps.
* Writer's guidelines for 9 X 12 envelope and 3 first-class stamps.
* Personal Experience
* Buys 30 manuscripts/year.
* Submission method: Send complete manuscript.
* Length: 500–1,500 words.
* State availability of photos with submission.
Posted by Louise Bergmann DuMont at 7:02 PM