Sunday, January 23, 2005

DEAR NORTH JERSEY CHRISTIAN WRITERS GROUP

Good morning NJCWGers. Hope that you are safe and warm during this blizzard of 2005. Curl up with a good book, a hot cup of coffee and giant chocolate chip cookie and ride it out with me.



**NEXT MEETING OF THE NJCWG**
Monday, January 24, 2005
(6:15-7:00) - Chat Time & Special Help
(7:00-8:00) - Discussion Time
(8:00-9:00) - Critiques

At our next meeting I will continue my teaching on Narrative & Description by reviewing the principals of Show vs Tell. On Feb 28 we'll do a full review of what we learned and on March 14 we'll have a workshop to put to use the lessons.

Ringwood Baptist Church
30 Carletondale Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456
My Cell # 551-427-3794
Always check your email before heading off to a meeting. If for any reason we need to cancel the meeting, you will be notified via email.

**NO MEETING**
No Meeting on FEBRUARY 14 (02/14/05)
I will be on my *Faith-Dipped Chocolate* book-tour.

**NJCWG WRITERS' WORKSHOP**
On March 14, 2005 I'm going to offer Writer's Workshop to the group. This is where you put to use the skills I've been teaching. As in the past, our workshop will BEGIN PROMPTLY at 6:30 pm and run through until 9:00 pm. Please try not to be late so that the writing of the others are not disturbed. You will be given an assignment, we'll write, we'll critique, we'll rewrite. Then you'll be given an other assignment and we'll run it again.. Bring paper, writing utensils and an active imagination. As always, your writing task will be handed to you when you arrive with no prior warning as to the topic. I will try to chose topics that may make for sale-able manuscripts. Might as well have our work do double-duty.

*AGENTS AND ARTICLES ON WRITING*
For those of you thinking about agents, there is great CBA Agent list at: http://www.christianwritersinfo.net/writertips.htm
When you get to the site, click on WRITING TIPS. It is at the top of the page, in the second row of the menu, all the way on the right. There are also a number of EXCELLENT articles on that page. Check out.

**FAITH-DIPPED CHOCOLATE TOUR**
My tour schedule is up on my website. Check out www.louisedumont.com ! If you know of anyone who lives in the parts of the country where I will be touring, please do have them stop by one of my signings or speaking engagements. I'd love to meet them.

**NJCWG WRITERS' DEVOTIONAL PROJECT**
Clare Cartegena is now in charge of this project. If you have any interest in contributing to the creative process or to the manuscript itself, please contact Clare. ccarta1058@aol.com

**WRITING OPPORTUNITY**

#1
One or two of you have expressed an interest in writing for my website. I will get back to you regarding this matter soon. Right now I'm gearing up for the tour and have put a few things on hold. My appologies for the delay.

#2
Suburban Trends -- Readers are encouraged to send guest columns, approximately 500 words in length. Columns on local topics specifically are sought. Send columns via e-mail to: suburbantrends@northjersey.com, or via fax to 973-283-56-23. They can also be mailed to Matt Fagan, Editor, Suburban Trends, 300 Kakeout Rd, Kinnelon, NJ 07405.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Send all email messages to word.worker@verizon.net
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Jehovah-Tsidkenu
The Lord is My Righteousness
Jeremiah 23:1-6

Louise Bergmann DuMont
word.worker@verizon.net

*GRACE BY THE CUP: A BREAK FROM THE DAILY GRIND*, (Revell), October, 2003
*FAITH-DIPPED CHOCOLATE: RICH ENCOURAGEMENT TO SWEETEN YOUR DAY*, (Revell), January, 2005


No comments: