The 2005 Annual Rogers Communication Literary Non-fiction Contest
- September 30, 2005
- Winning entry will be published in the 2006 Winter Issue of PRISM international with an additional payment of $20 per printed page (in Canadian dollars or U.S. equivalent).
- Submit no more than 25 pages, typed (12 pt font), double-spaced, on letter-sized white paper.
- Entry fee is $27 for one manuscript of nonfiction, plus $7 for each additional manuscript.
- Once an entry is received, no revisions will be allowed, and entry fees become non-refundable.
- The winner will be notified by January 2006.
Southern Hum Fiction and Poetry Contest.
- Deadline: July 1, 2005
- Seeks writing that is uniquely southern and explores southern life, traditions, or just what it means to be southern, or the southern experience. However, please do not send genre writing, or writing that is stereotypical in its treatment towards the South. Do send writing that is fresh in its approach to the South.
- A writer does not have to be currently residing in the South, nor does the story have to be set in the south, but the writing should address some view(s) of the South or a southern experience. $250 prize in each category.
- Electronic entry OK.
- EMAIL: email@example.com
14th Annual Contest for a First Middle-Grade Novel
- Deadline: June 30, 2005.
- For US and Canadian writers who have not previously published a novel for middle-grade readers
- 96-160 manuscript pages.
- Contemporary or historical fiction set in North America, for readers age 9–12.
- Sponsored by Delacorte Dell Yearling.
- $1,500 in cash and a $7,500 advance against royalties, plus book contract (on the Publisher’s standard form) for a hardcover and a paperback edition.
- Delacorte Dell Yearling Contest, Random House, Inc., 1745 Broadway, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10019
The Abilene Writers Guild's annual Writing Workshop and Contest
- October 22, 2005 -- luncheon and contest awards to follow
- Everyone is welcome to participate. Workshop speaker is Michelle Medlock Adams, prolific author in Children's Literature, Inspirational books, and Journalism. Writing contest has cash prizes in 9 categories.
- Manuscripts must be postmarked before August 1, 2005.
- For information visit www.abilenewritersguild.org