Tuesday, January 10, 2006

1/9/06 NJCWG Meeting Reviewed


Yesterday's meeting provided me with a lot more than the usual encouragment. Three individuals took the time to express special thanks for what occures at the North Jersey Christian Writers' Group Meetings. What an extra special blessing that was! Thank you for taking the time to encourage me.

We finished up our disucssion on Angela Hunt's Fiction A-Z as it was presented at the Glorieta Christian Writers' Conference and we had the opportunity to do three crituqes. I can say that the progress of many group members has done my heart good. It is always a blessing to see a new writer grow and move forward in publication.

COMING UP:

1. For the next two meetings (1/23/06 & 2/13/06) I will once again teach on the various ways a wrier can create visual images in the reader's mind, rather than simply relate the facts. This technique is called SHOW Don't TELL. Itis a subject that even the best writers need to practice and periodically review.

2. Then our group will put what we learned to the test. There will be an all night writer's workshop held on 2/27/06. More info to come regarding that event.

3. Continue to hold Saturday, May 13, 2006 open. That is when Cecil "Cec" Murphey will fly in from Georgia to host an all day Writer's Event for the NJCWG. This is one event you will NOT want to miss! The classes will be limted. The cost will be $30.00/person. I'll have details on the classes very shortly. Keep checking this blog or drop me an email. SPECIAL NOTE: I am once again looking for a person to handle registrations. If you are interested, email me (njcwg.dumont@gmail.com)

Louise Bergmann DuMont
Facilitator, NJCWG
njcwg.dumont@gmail.com
www.cafemochalight.com
www.louisedumont.com

No comments: