Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lenten Poetry



I thought many of you might enjoy this message (and poetry) from fellow auther, Latayne C. Scott. Latayne. She is an award-winning author and poet who lives New Mexico and I've created a link to the site where you can read her poetry.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Since the Lenten season is one in which many people devote themselves to an even deepercommunion with the Lord, I'd like to offer my help through verse. Every couple of days I am posting on my website ( www.latayne.com )a new poem and devotional thought to anchor (and incite) our minds as we approach Good Friday and Easter.

Today's, for instance, builds on a little-known item from first-century history: the fact that when the Passover lambs were sacrificed in the temple, their blood flowed down a drain that emptied into the Kidron River, over which Jesus passed on His final visit to the Mt. of Olives.

Latayne C. Scott

No comments: