Friday, March 16, 2007
Writing Op - Relevant Magazine
Relevant Media Group
100 S. Lake Destiny Dr.
Orlando FL 32810
Web site: www.relevantmagazine.com
Contact: Adam Smith, managing editor
Format: Magazine covering God, life, and progressive culture.
Relevant is a lifestyle magazine for Christians in their 20s.
* 80% freelance written
* Established: 2002
* Circulation: 70,000
* Pays 45 days after publication.
* Publishes manuscript 6 months after acceptance.
* Byline given.
* Offers 50% kill fee.
* First North American serial rights
# Editorial lead time 4 months.
# Submit seasonal material 5 months in advance.
Accepts queries by: E-mail
* Accepts simultaneous submissions
* Responds in 6 weeks to queries.
* Responds in 3 months to manuscripts.
* Click here for sample copy
* Sample copy available at website.
* Click here for manuscript guidelines
* General Interest
* New Product
* Personal Experience
Does Not Want: Don't submit anything that doesn't target ages 18-34.
* Submission method: Query with published clips.
* Length: 1,000–1,500 words.
* Sometimes pays the expenses of writers on assignment.
Tips: "The easiest way to get noticed by our editors is to first submit (donate) stories for online publication."
Posted by Louise Bergmann DuMont at 12:14 PM