Friday, March 16, 2007
Writing Op - New Jersey Savvy
NEW JERSEY SAVVY LIVING
view in new window
30B Vreeland Rd.
Florham Park NJ 07932
Web site: www.njsavvyliving.com
About NEW JERSEY SAVVY LIVING
Format: Magazine covering New Jersey residents with affluent lifestyles.
"Savvy Living is a regional magazine for an upscale audience, ages 35-65. We focus on lifestyle topics such as home design, fashion, the arts, travel, personal finance, and health and well being."
* 90% freelance written
* Established: 1997
* Circulation: 50,000
* Pays on publication.
* Publishes manuscript 3 months after acceptance.
* Byline given.
* Offers $50 kill fee.
* variable rights.
# Editorial lead time 3 months.
Accepts queries by: Mail
* Accepts simultaneous submissions
* Response time varies
* Sample copy for 9x12 envelope.
* Interview/Profile (people of national and regional importance)
* Photo Feature
* home/decorating, finance, health, fashion, beauty
Does Not Want: No investigative, fiction, personal experience, and non-New Jersey topics (excluding travel).
* Buys 50 manuscripts/year.
* Submission method: Query with published clips.
* Length: 900–2,000 words.
* Does not pay the expenses of writers on assignment.
* State availability of photos with submission.
* Identification of subjects
* Model Releases
* Buys one-time rights
* Offers no additional payment for photos accepted with ms.
Columns & Departments:
* Columns open to freelancers: Savvy Shoppers (inside scoop on buying); Dining Out (restaurant review); Home Gourmet (gourmet cooking and entertaining).
* Buys 25 columns/year.
* Submission method: Query with published clips
* Pays: $300 minimum for columns.
"Offer ideas of interest to a savvy, upscale New Jersey readership. We love articles that utilize local sources and are well focused and keep our readers informed about trends affecting their lives. We work with experienced and stylish writers. Please provide clips."
Posted by Louise Bergmann DuMont at 12:19 PM